Internship is one of the SGU uniqueness. There are two internship that mandatory and are integral part of the curriculum in SGU which must be completed by students to be awarded a Bachelor’s Degree.
The Internship Office is in charge of the administration of the intenship.
– First Internship : The first internship normally take place in Indonesia in 3rd semester.
– Second Internship : For Single Degree Bachelor’s study program, the second internship can be conducted either in Indonesia or abroad. For Double Degree Bachelor’s study program, the location of internship follows the agreement between SGU and the respective partner university.
Students are responsible for finding internship places for themselves. However, SGU may assist students in their search for appropriate internship places.
Institutions / Companies for Internship
There must be no family relationship between students and the institutions where the students do their internship.
SGU cannot interfere in companies’ internal decisions such as remuneration and working regulations. Termination of the internship by company for disciplinary reasons will normally lead to the ex-matriculation of the student from SGU.
Regulations for Second Internship
– For Single Degree :
- Students must pass all subjects in 1st until 4th semesters. In addition, students must pass all English courses in semester 1 (one) to 4 (four) and the first internship. Students’ cumulative GPA before the second internship registration must be at least 2.0. Students must arrange visas by themselves.
- Students must complete at least 16 (sixteen) weeks internship in 1 (one) or 2 (two) companies. Students may complete internship in more than 2 (two) companies upon approval of the Dean. SGU provides guidelines regarding the 2nd internship requirements.
– For Double Degree
- Students must pass a minimum number of SKS as defined by each study program in 1st until 4th semesters. In addition, the student must pass all English courses in semester 1 (one) to 4 (four) and the first internship.
- Student cumulative GPA before second internship registration mus be at least 2.0.
- For internship in Germany or Switzerland, students must pass the SGU German oral assessment. SGU provides guidelines regarding German Proficiency Assessment.
- Student must fulfill the requirements of respective partner university. SGU provides guidelines regarding the second internship requirements.
- Students must complete at least 16 (sixteen) weeks internship in 1 (one) or 2 (two) companies. Students may complete the internship in more than 2 (two) companies upon approval of the Dean. SGU provides guidelines regarding the 2nd internship requirements.